Business Analytics Analyst
The Business Analytics Analyst is responsible for building, maintaining, and improving statistical, regression-based, analyses to deliver against Foresight’s client engagements. They are expected to work cross-functionally with the data and client teams to ensure model outputs align to our standards and ultimately deliver against the client’s business objectives. Some day- to-day responsibilities include: handling and transforming client data, building regression models, meeting with clients, and building model output reports.
- Drive for Results: Hard worker. Focuses energy on high impact tasks in a sometimes ambiguous and multi-tasked setting. Ability to prioritize, execute, and deliver.
- Dig Deeper: High degree of intellectual curiosity. Constantly strives to find the best analytical solution to complicated business problems. Doesn’t stop at ‘good enough’ and gets immersed in the client’s business.
- Takes initiative: Self-directed and works independently. Able to see the problems and find a solution even if outside functional lanes. Proactive throughout project life-cycle.
- Domain Expertise: Analytical thought leader with comfort both working with standard procedures and providing ad hoc solutions. Able to quickly and accurately determine optimal regression models that adhere to sound analytical principles and company policies. Comfort defending and debating modeling decisions and always ensures high quality, reliable outputs.
- Teamwork: Team player able to build effective and productive working relationships with all cross-functional disciplines and senior leadership. Strong empathetic and authentic disposition, willing to do whatever it takes to deliver against our goals.
- Communication – Story teller. Capable of distilling complex, technical information and delivering communication to a non-technical audience.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Statistics or related analytical fields. Master’s degree a plus.
- 3 - 5 years experience in data analytics fields.
- Specialization in building regression models; CPG and/or retail experience preferred.
- Demonstrated skill in various computer/statistical languages (SQL, SAS, R, etc.).
- Working proficiency with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint).
- Familiar with data visualization platforms (Tableau, Power BI).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple, complex projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- High levels of self-motivation, intellectual curiosity, and attention to detail.
About Foresight ROI
What We Do
Foresight ROI is a marketing analytics organization, founded in 2009, that specializes in analytics within the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry. The company offers the following analytical analysis:
- Shopper Foresight – analysis of the client’s shopper marketing engagement at the event/tactic level. Accompanying software, Shopper Planner compliments the analysis by providing clients the ability to plan, budget, and forecast their shopper marketing plans.
- Marketing Foresight – analysis of the client’s above the line, media marketing investments and provide mix reallocation recommendations based on standard marketing mix analyses
- Pricing Foresight – analysis of clients pricing structure, discount strategy and optimal gaps to competitive products which assists in company’s pricing strategy, price pack architecture, etc.
Foresight ROI is the only company in the United States who has proven capabilities to provide analytics on shopper marketing engagement at the event/tactic level using our Shopper Foresight product.
Why We Do It
We provide return on investment analysis to allow marketers to better measure their efforts, justify their marketing budgets, and improve accountability of marketing spending in the industry. We connect the dots between efforts and outcome, and can make recommendations to improve their return on their investment. In short, we provide decision support that fosters an atmosphere of continuous marketing improvement for our clients.
What We Offer
We truly believe we can make a difference in our clients business by delivering profit maximizing marketing investments with long term engagements that deliver continuous improvement. In kind, we believe we can provide and maximize return on your career investment through an energetic, fast-paced work environment with plenty of opportunity to grow.
- Downtown Chicago Loop location, two blocks from both commuter rail stations and the “L”
- On-site gym with company paid membership
- Fully stocked break room with complementary snacks and drinks
- Frequent company and team outings
- Small office / start-up environment
- Opportunity to work directly with senior executives in CPG and Retail
- Comprehensive benefits package
Foresight ROI is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy, genetics, veteran status or any other status protected by state or federal law.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization